Bachelor of Science Program in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
THAI วิทยาศาสตรบัณฑิต (ชีวสารสนเทศและชีววิทยาระบบ)
ENGLISH Bachelor of Science (Bioinformatics and Systems Biology)
B.Sc. (Bioinformatics and Systems Biology)
Bachelor of Science Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Program, HRH Princess Chulabhorn College of Medical Science, focuses on producing graduates with a competent professional, consciousness and awareness of compliance, ethics, academic and vocational learning, analysis, synthesis and problem solving in a systematic way in the field of medical science, health data science, and other related sciences, leadership and high skill in data science research. Having the skills to use technology wisely. To meet the needs of the country in terms of the cause of peace in society and the world community.
This course is also a multiple disciplinary which brings knowledge of various scientific disciplines combined to create a new knowledge of computational medical science, including biology, biotechnology, computer technology, Information technology, computer entigneering etc., including anatomy, physiology, microbiology, biology, pathobiology, biotechnology, computer engineering to produce knowledge in the fields of science, bioinformatics, and systems biology related to both national and international level together with moral and professional ethics.
The Bioinformatics and Systems Biology program, includes both basic and professional level. This will enable students with knowledge and skills in the practice of science, bioinformatics, and systems biology graduates, followed by. “Desirable features ” as below.
- Graduates should have a moral and ethical standard, professional, science and technology.
- Graduates should full of Knowledge and understanding of basic skills in the profession. As well as a thirst for knowledge and to develop new knowledge in the field of bioinformatics and systems biology and related sciences.
- Graduates should have the ability to think critically and solve problems in a systematic synthesis of research and development of new knowledge, science, bioinformatics and systems biology, and other sciences related by scientific methods.
- Graduates should adapt their knowledge to be a good occupation or perform technical tasks and other work.
- Graduates should be a good leadership at work. Skilled statistical and information technology.
- Graduates should have fluent English.
TOTAL 126 CREDITS
I.GENERAL EDUCATION 31 CREDITS
A1. SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS 8 CREDITS
A2. SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES 13 CREDITS
A3. LANGUAGES 10 CREDITS
II.SPECIALIST 89 CREDITS
B1. SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS 18 CREDITS
B2. SPECIALIST in BIOINFORMATICS & SYSTEMS BIOLOGY 71 CREDITS
B2.1 COMPULSARY 20 CREDITS
B2.2 SPECIALIST ELECTIVES 51 CREDITS
III.ELECTIVES 6 CREDITS
The educational fee is estimate to be around 80,000 baht per semester
- The applicant must completed/is completing Grade 12 from high school or recieved equivalent educational level
- Have no physical or mental impairments that could hinder education
- Have at least one of an English Test report (TOEFL/IELTS/SAT)
- Other requirements are inline with HRH Princess Chulabhorn College of Medical Science admission requirements
“The program is taught in English with faculty quality standards. The program also has partnerships with universities in many countries, including the United Kingdom and United State”.
Jobs after graduation
Career as a scientist in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology of Health Data Science, Big Data operations, data analysis. Analysis of medical data, Analysis of Cancer, Molecular Biology both national and international academic, research assistant, professors of medical research. Professional independence Company research in Bioinformatics, Data Science.
Shorten URL: https://goo.gl/gGIu91
Credit Picture : Dr.Puey Ounjai